As many of you know, Rueben and I met 3 1/2 years ago in college at Central Washington University and started dating almost immediately. I was the patient football girlfriend (Carrie and Nicole, you know what I mean!) but nonetheless, we had some great times! We graduated in 2007 and 2008 and have been pursuing our careers since. I was recruited to work for Bechtel National, a international construction company in Richland, WA at the Hanford Reservation. I am a Safety and Health Specialist, which means, I look out for the construction workers to make sure they dont kill themselves (kind of like OSHA). Rueben has been in the National Guard for almost 9 years and was activated last spring for ANOTHER tour in Iraq. He is a Staff Sargent and is in charge of about 12 young guys. I am very proud of Rueben. He possesses all the traits that a strong, smart soldier should and is so good at what he does. That is why I have no doubt that he will be home in just a few months for the birth of our little one. All I have to do is call to let him know when its "time". Being a military wife is going to be interesting, but who am I kidding?? I've been a military brat since the day I was born and I've got a good mentor, my mother. I'm sure she will have lots of advice to give me. :)
Rueben came home during the month of December for his two-week pass. During that time, on December 19, 2008, his family had their Christmas gathering. He invited my parents as well. We had a wonderful meal together and afterwards, while everyone sat around to participate in white elephant he proposed! It was a complete surprise! And the ring was amazing!!! He is always so good at surprising me. Anyhow, we have set a date for our wedding celebration for November 7, 2009. Lots of planning ahead of us, wedding and baby!
In the meantime, please keep Rueben in your thoughts and prayers..



No comments:
Post a Comment